Dr. Byron Brown's DEA number is:
This is how you would validate the above DEA number;
2. Add the 2nd, 4th, and 6th digits.
3. Multiply the result of the previous step by
4. Add the results of the 1st and 3rd steps.
5. The DEA number is valid if the last digit of the result in the previous step is the same as the last digit of the DEA number. Also, the second letter of the DEA number has to be the first letter of the doctor's last name. Finally, the first letter of the DEA number has to be an A or a B. Since all of these conditions were met, this DEA number is valid.
Free Preview of Pharmacy Technician Certification Practice Tests, Pharmacy Math, and Tutorials for the ExCPT
What we offer;
- Quick and Easy - You'll have instant access to an online book. You don't have to study by the computer as you are free to print a copy of this online book. A hardcopy of this book is also available. We use plain English to explain medical concepts and vocabulary. Also, our book is written by a pharmacist (RPh). In contrast, other companies like to cut costs by using pharmacy techs and math teachers to write their books. We invite you to check if it says "RPh" after the name of the author on the book that you're going to buy. Also, we update our educational material every 4 months to reflect changes in the certification exam. Other publishers update their content every 2-3 years. Therefore, we have content that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Your Mentor - You might be surprised to find that we are just a small group of pharmacist instructors who will help you pass the certification exam and find a better career. After you join the class, you will be given the personal cell phone number of a pharmacist instructor who will be your mentor. We care about every student as a protégé. You are even welcome to call us on the weekends. Every class is taught by a pharmacist. In contrast, those big corporate education companies will treat you as a customer. As a corporate cost-cutting measure, they hire technicians to teach most of the classes instead of pharmacists. They use deceptive wording and say that they have pharmacists "on staff", but the truth is that these pharmacists just teach a few of their classes. They also hire "specialists" who specialize in writing down your credit card number to answer the phone. They will not answer the phone on the weekends and they certainly don't care.
- Live Online Instruction - A pharmacist instructor meets with you live online every Sunday night from 8:00 to 9:00 PM central time. I invite you to click here to view the syllabus. These fully interactive online meetings are held through live internet videoconference with audio. You do not need a microphone and webcam. All you need is browser with a reliable internet connection. Even dialup is fine. Any electronic device with a browser is fine. This includes any Windows™, Linux™, iOS™, Android™, PC, tablet, or smart phone with a browser installed. Because it works with your browser, you don't need to install any special software. The videoconference is very easy to use and live tech support is available on the phone if you have any questions. Our tech support guys (and girls) are helpful, courteous, and will never put you on forever hold like your phone company.
- Interactive Quizzes & Practice Tests - After every lesson, you can take a quiz to test yourself. The computer will tell you which questions you got correct and which questions you got incorrect. It will even tell you how to answer the question correctly next time. If you do well on our quizzes and ExCPT practice tests, then you'll do well on the ExCPT exam (hint, hint). In addition, you also get 3 full length pharmacy technician certification practice tests.
- Pronunciation Guide - If English is your second language or if you've never worked in a pharmacy before, then you'll need our drug name pronunciation guide. You can listen to pre-recorded audio of drug names in two formats; RealPlayer and wav.
- Interactive Tutorials - Watch color audio-visual presentations. During the presentation, the tutorial will ask you questions. If you answer incorrectly, it will explain the topic in more detail. If you have a slow internet connection, we will mail you a disc for a small fee to cover shipping/handling so that you don't have to download anything.
- Flash Cards - You will have access to hundreds of electronic flash cards that will help you to memorize just about everything you'll need for the ExCPT exam. This incudes drug names, the metric system, the English system, roman numerals, and more. The demo here is just a small sample of what you'll get after you register for our course. You will be able to access these flash cards from any web enabled device such as your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Relaxation - Hey, this isn't academia where they will boot you out the door when the class is over according to their schedule. We invite you to relax, as the QuickTestPrep.com course is catered to your schedule. You may attend the minimum mandatory classes on the syllabus before taking the ExCPT exam. However, if you need the extra help, you may attend optional tutoring sessions every week and re-take the course several times before taking the exam (up to 1 year). There is no extra charge for all of this extra instruction. The earlier you register before your anticipated certification date, the more live tutoring and classes you may attend before taking the ExCPT exam. This almost unlimited instruction is the reason why 99% of our students pass the ExCPT exam. You are welcome to learn at your own pace and on your own personal schedule.
- Employment Assistance - We will review your resume for you. Also, you may participate in a practice job interview via videoconferenece. Upon request, we will write letters of recommendation for students after passing the videoconference course.
- Affordable - The old adage that, "You get what you pay for," is true. If a student pays the thousands of dollars charged by the corporate education companies for their expensive programs, that student will get to support expensive corporate jets, lush corner offices, television advertising, glossy brochures, pharmacy journal advertising, and fat CEO salaries. We keep our course affordable by not having any of the above. All you really need is a pharmacist instructor to tutor you and ensure that you become a certified pharmacy technician. Therefore, that's all you will be paying for. Every member of our staff is a pharmacist and there's no need for expensive advertising because many of our present students are referred to us by satisfied past students.
- Guarantee Success - We guarantee that you'll pass the ExCPT exam. 99% of our students pass the ExCPT exam. However, the big corporate education companies cannot make these claims because their classes will accept anybody. To turn down any students, is to turn down corporate profits. That's why they will accept students who register for educational programs too close to the testing date. Some even advertise a quick "cram course". How can anybody pass the ExCPT exam after studying only 2 or 3 days? Imagine what a low pass rate their students must have. We routinely turn away students who try to register too close to the test date. The only thing a corporate education company is concerned with is corporate profits. You might be surprised to find that the only thing we're concerned about is your success.
- Vocabulary - With color coded vocabulary words, you'll learn not just the definitions of the words themselves, but you'll also learn the meanings of the latin prefixes and suffixes. Therefore, if you come across a word you've never seen before, you'll still know the meaning of the new word because you'll know its latin prefix and suffix. For example, let's say you learned the words cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle) and dermatitis (inflammation of the skin). Then, you'd know the meaning of the word carditis (inflammation of the heart), even if you've never seen the word carditis before.
Pharmacy Math - With color coded pharmacy math problems, you can easily keep track
of which number to manipulate in a particular way in each step of a pharmacy math
problem. For example, in order to verify a DEA number, the text only explanation
would be like this; The sum of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th digits plus twice
the sum of the 2nd, 4th, and 6th digits should yield a number that has
a last digit that matches the last digit of the DEA number. Confused yet?
However, if this text explanation was accompanied by a color coded pharmacy math
problem, such as the one below, then it would be a lot easier to learn
how to verify DEA numbers. Therefore, if a physician's DEA number
is AB1212125, then it would be validated in the following manner: