Pharmacy Technician Book Reviews
QuickTestPrep.com Pharmacy Technician Certification Review Textbook & Workbook
Rated 5/5 based on 118 customer reviews
by Tom King, RPh.
Paperback - combined 188 pages 15th edition (September 2016), Dimensions (in inches): 8.5 x 11 x 1, Color
- Quick and easy; color coded numbers make math explanations easy to understand. Latin and greek roots of medical vocabulary are highlighted in color to make understanding new words easy.
- A pharmacist will answer all your questions by email, telephone or videoconference.
- Computer interactive tutorials, computer interactive quizzes and 3 full length practice tests.
- Drug name pronunciation guide (audio recordings). Especially helpful for students whose 2nd language is Englsih.
- We guarantee you'll pass the pharmacy technician certification test. If the QuickTestPrep book is not enough material for the PTCB exam, we will loan you a book written by another author, return postage prepaid.
- Some students lament that we don't include flash cards with the book. Update on 7/20/2016: The book now includes a set of electronic flash cards you can use on any smart phone, tablet, or PC.
Rated 4.5/5 based on 113 customer reviews
by David A. Heckman, PharmD.
Paperback - 278 pages 2nd edition (December 2014), Dimensions (in inches): 6 x 9 x 0.6, B&W
- Easy to understand & thorough.
- Uses the new PTCB test blueprint.
- Very few mistakes.
- Good pharmacy math explanations.
- Some new laws and drug names that were on the national pharmacy technician certification test but not on the real exam.
- Online reviews of this PTCB certification test review book are mostly written by people who have NOT taken the national pharmacy tech certification exam yet because they offer an extra free PTCB practice exam if you write a positive online review for them. How can you write an honest positive review if you haven't taken the PTCB exam yet? These review writers cannot judge if this book is accurate because they haven't taken the real PTCB test.
- There is only ONE practice exam in the book!
Secrets of the PTCB Exam Study Guide: PTCB Test Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Examination
Rated 4.5/5 based on 58 customer reviews
by PTCB Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
Paperback - 114 pages, February 14, 2013 edition, Dimensions (in inches): 10.2 x 8.9 x 0.3, B&W
- It has PTCB exam day survival tips
- It is a short, concise source of information students can use to study for the PTCB exam.
- This book has some outdated information. For exmaple, some drug names in their top 100 drug name list are of discontinued drugs.
- There are also a few typographical errors in the book. For example, some of the answers to their practice questions are wrong.
Vote below for the rating of a pharmacy technician book you've used to prepare for the PTCB exam.